Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Social Networks & Dating

 







MySpace, Hi5, FaceBook, Twitter, etc... are all avenues many choose for whatever reason. Sometimes its following a trend just like a new cell phone when it drops, everyone wants to try it. Curiosity is a large reason many of us are on these social networks. Your friends rave about it & tell you to join or a certain life situation provokes you into becoming apart of "The New Age of Technology". Social networks are all the rave now & a new way to date for some. I'm noticing this trend more and more being on a few social networks myself. You may not intend this to be your reason for joining such networks but it happens. Some are still embarrassed to say they "met" someone online. In some cases it works and in some cases it can be an issue.

I see these social networks on some level similar to Match.com or eHarmony.com. Let's face it dating sucks no matter how you do it. You win some you lose some whether in person or through technology. Some are too busy to go through the let's date for a few months and see if you're the one process. Some feel its easier 2 "date online" especially if u're not the one a simple click of the delete button will get rid of you, LOL. Some may feel depending on their location the odds are stacked against them or their options are far and few between. You can do the same things on the free social networks as you can on Match.com/eHarmony.com but you pay for a service that does all the leg work for you. Weeds out all the NO's & hands you a few YES'. On Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and the like you do the leg work and weed out the possibilities.

I'm sure many of you in the AIM/chatroom days saw chatting online with folks as just fun but now its simply a way of life. The more technology advances the more of an outlet it becomes. I personally I have "met" some wonderful ppl in my travels on social networks. I'm a constant on Facebook and Twitter. It largely started out as connecting with old buddies and Twitter was an outlet 4 my thoughts and entertainment but it spun into a whole new web of things. I'm open to possibly finding my match over the internet waves. I know a few ppl who have found their "one" and are super happy today, they give me hope, LOL. Granted there are TONS of weirdos out there but you will quickly learn how to spot them!
Dating has definitely changed since I was in the game, LMBO! I've been off the market 7 years but I have quickly adapted 2 this social network world, many times it cracks me the hell up!!!!! I couldn't make some of the stories up I could tell you! The key is be sharp on your toes and not give up too much info. Don't think everyone is nice and don't mean you any harm. Just like all of the good people online there are as many bad ones looking to come up on a scam! So be careful but most of all have fun! The key is being open 2 a possibility. You never know where your Mr./Mrs. Just 4 U is going to be found.



LMJ~SOUL~MYSOULONPAPER™
©2010

No comments:

Post a Comment