Thursday, May 27, 2010

YOU HAVE TIME...........

This blog is inspired by a recent issue that has come up with someone close to me and everyday it happens to parents all around the world.

YOU FIND OUT YOUR CHILD HAS A "BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND" AND SEX IS ON THE MIND AT A YOUNG AGE

If you know a youngin' sit them down and let them read this, send it to people you know it may help.
I'll speak from experience first. When I was young I liked a few boys and I had my first puppy love at eleven. I thought I was smart enough to be with a little boy but I wasn't. My mom talked to me and told me things I needed to know but we all have those friends we listen to more than our parents because we think our friends are the most high. NOT. I did the deed when I was 14 years old which was no big deal. When I say no big deal I mean it was something I could have waited a few more years to do. I fell into statistics and became a teenage parent at 18. I ended up not being with the father but I can say I had smarts enough to know he wasn't going to be there and my mom had my back. Some young ladies are not so fortunate. You've seen that Luda and Mary video that stuff is so real for many of our youngin's.

We all know kids are going to do what they want to do but we as parents and as a people can't watch them walk into the deep end of the pool without knowing how to swim.

    If you are a young person reading this let me tell you something you can wait to have sex, you can wait to do drugs, you can wait to steal, you can wait to get into trouble with the law, you can wait to get into a gang, you can wait to pick up a gun and you can wait to be a drug dealer. I say you can wait because if your 11-25 you don't know what life is about and what lays ahead for you. After you learn a few things and go through some experiences you can make decisions. Right now you don't know a DAMN THANG. You may think you know because of what you see on T.V. or what your friend told you but you don't understand it. You don't understand the consequences of actions. Having sex early without the understanding of it may lead to HIV, AIDS, a baby, or any STD for that matter. If you feel you still want to have sex CONDOMS ARE A MUST. VALUE YOUR LIFE AND WHAT YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH IN IT. Forget about what the boy says or in some cases what the girl says because there are some kids out there who are uneducated and think condoms take away the feeling. If you really want to know don't use one and then you have to think everyday do I have a disease. Sex is an emotion when you get older you'll understand that. For all the youngin's who want to be grown before their time how about you move out of your parents house and try living on your own, working and trying to take care of yourself. It isn’t easy. You have time to be a kid, enjoy it that other life is out there for you when you are ready. For those who think selling drugs is the way to go I have many friends who lost their lives to the “game”, whether death, jail or getting hooked on the product themselves. FAST MONEY DOESN’T LAST AND FAST MONEY AIN'T ALWAYS GOOD MONEY. Education is power. School should be a priority getting a High School Diploma is a must, everyone is not ready for college but it’s always an option. If you have a talent whether it be singing, fashion, modeling, basketball or any other sport pursue that but always remember when your voice can't go any further, your designs aren't selling, your looks go, you get injured what will you fall back on because everyone doesn’t make it in those worlds. For all you youngin's who want to be rappers find something else to do because everyone can't be Jay-Z/Ludacris/T.I/Nas. For those who think guns are the thing for them shoot yourself and see how it feels. It isn’t cool. I've lost many friends to gun violence since I was 10 years old. My first experience to what guns can do. There is no coming back from that. If you want to join a gang because you feel that they are your family, WAKE UP. Go to a church or a mosque and find family there at least you'll be alive to tell your children how you progressed. In some cases these things may not work for our young and we will still have a few that will hear these words and go about their business but don't forget that there is someone out there who knows your pain and can help you in a good way or can use your pain for profit. Enjoy being young and enjoy life.
    As for my parents out there talk to you kids about everything even things you did. Keep them informed so they can make educated decisions. Then you won't be in court how when he is 16-22 saying what did I do wrong? If you educated him enough it wasn't you it was his stupid a** making a wrong decision and now he has to pay. I know it’s hard sometimes to talk to our kids but start young for those who can and for those whose kids are already teenagers sit them down TODAY and open lines of communication. If we don't raise our kids someone or something else will.

FOR THE YOUNGIN'S DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK YOUR PARENTS ABOUT LIFE BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET MAD WE MAY BE A LIL SHOCKED AT YOUR QUESTION BUT WE WILL DO THE BEST TO ANSWER THEM IF YOU DON'T FEEL CONFORTABLE WITH YOUR PARENT ASK ANY ELDER YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR GRANDMA, GRANPA, AUNT, UNCLE, GUIDANCE COUNSELOR, PASTOR, CHOIR DIRECTOR, BIBLE SCHOOL TEACHER, TUTOR, COACH, TEACHER, ETC...............

SOUL~MYSOULONPAPER™
LMJ©2010

No comments:

Post a Comment