Thursday, April 15, 2010

DAMN

I lost a part of me the other day

When I realized it, it was too late

I was focused on something else of less value

Not thinking I would forget you

How could I be so careless?

What you meant to me was PRICELESS!

To lose you or leave you behind was the worst thing I could’ve done

You were a part of me

We were ONE

You had my thoughts, my visions, you had me

So leaving you should NEVER happen

I hoped that you would still be there

But I gave up so easily

Questioning myself did I really care?

Did I leave you to someone who can’t appreciate your existence?

They’ll try to change you to make you compliment them for instance

But they CAN’T have what we had no matter how hard they try!

It took sometime but I’ve come to terms with losing you

I have to say goodbye

If I would have paid attention you would be here with me today

But I let something so minor get in our way

As the doors separated us I was consumed with extreme pain

I was so careless I left my poem book on the train

DAMN!


SOUL~MYSOULONPAPER™
©2003

No comments:

Post a Comment