Thursday, April 1, 2010

SLEEP

I sleep but I'm always awake

my dreams tell me things my reality can't take

any pain and harm I am supposed to feel

its taken care of in my dreams like its no big deal

my dreams protect me because my reality is so fragile

therefore you can't take an inch and turn it into a mile

we all need protection from something or someone at all times

your feelings are just as precious as mines

I sleep but I am always awake

my nightmares tell me things that my reality can't take

you appear in them every night

I toss and turn I try to fight

you destroy me all the time in my mental

because you don't understand what I've been through

Its all a game to you

you've never acknowledged how you've broken me down

you've changed my world and everything I surround

You've showed me fear, helplessness, death and complete violation

how could you possibly tell me its all in my imagination

I sleep but I'm always awake

my dreams tell me things that my reality can't take


SOUL~MYSOULONPAPER™
©2008

PUBLISHED IN ENJOY LIFE MAGAZINE(ENJOYLIFEMAGAZINEONLINE.COM/POETSPAD)

No comments:

Post a Comment